Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Barcelona with the Dewitts

Still in Barcelona, still on my balcony, I am trying to catch up to present day. I don’t want to have to be home and write about my travels. It will just make me miss Europe more. As much as I am excited to be home or back at Cornell, I will really miss all the traveling and the people I met and just the culture of Spain in general. It is truly a bittersweet ending to such an amazing experience, kind of like summer camp. You make friends with people from all over who you never imagined meeting and then you have to say goodbye. Oh well, I will try to make it to Bari someday.

Anyways, after one last night in Bilbao of exploring the Casco Viejo, I caught a bus to Barcelona and met up with Caitlyn and her mom. Sunday morning we pretty much dedicated to Gaudi. We saw Casa Batllo, la Pedrera, la Sagrada Familia and picnicked in Parc Guell. A relatively long siesta back in the hotel room (I stayed with the Dewitts my first two days in Barcelona), we wandered to Las Ramblas and Barri Gotic. Caitlyn’s mom then treated us to dinner.

It was at dinner that Caitlyn realized we were right next to a fairly famous shots bar. There is something called the Monica Lewinsky which I can only imagine. Anyways, not passing up some interesting shots, Caitlyn and I treated each other to a shot. I enjoyed the Comeme el Coño while Caitlyn had an Orgasmo de Monja. Parents, believe me, don’t translate those.

Day two with the Guapa family we went back to Las Ramblas to go to the Boqueria market. Fresh fruit, pastries, cheeses and meats. Delicious. I bought some ingredients for paella and we wandered around until it was time for the Dewitts to depart for Madrid. We said our goodbyes and I made my way to my hostel.

That brings me to now. I am rarely at this point, but it is nearing the end of my stay in Europe, so it is about time I make it this far. I have two more days coming up including a day of travel back to the ole US of A. Tomorrow I think I will hit the beach, seeing as I have seen a lot of what I want to see in Barcelona. The following day I catch a flight to Chicago on Pakistan International Airlines. Don’t worry, I am sure the flight will be fine and I will be safe at home in Wisconsin, eating a burger and enjoying a beer by Wednesday evening. Here’s to the last few days of Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment