Saturday, July 2, 2011

One Month

This weekend marks a couple of landmarks for me.

1. It has been one year since I have been home in Wisconsin. The last time I was home it was for the Fourth of July weekend. This was the last time I saw any of my friends from home and one of three time I saw my family in the last 15 months. Don't worry though, Independence Day will be celebrated here in Spain too!

2. I now have a full month left in Spain. I have begun to realize that these weeks are passing much more rapidly than they have, but it hasn't really hit me that my time is coming to an end. Probably when I move out of Bilbao or board my plane in Barcelona it will actually sink in that my year abroad is finally over, but until then I guess I will just try to enjoy it all.

3. The Running of the Bulls in Pamplona is less than a week away. There were two events I have wanted to participate in while in Spain. One, the Tomatina, a large tomato fight in the streets of a tiny town in southern Spain, I will not make it to. I have been in Spain for almost a full year, but the three weeks that I will miss in August are when this fiesta falls. The second is the Running of the Bulls. Way back when I thought I would run in it too. Well, I have since wizened up and will be going just to party and soak in the culture. Looks like I will have to go out and buy some white clothes!

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear that you will just be observing the running of the bulls!

    ReplyDelete