Monday, April 25, 2011

Berlin to prague train

That was mostly a lie.  I am bored and have another hour on this train until we get to Prague.  There is only so much Angry Birds I can play and I feel like I should write about what I am seeing.

Really I am torn between staring out the window to enjoy the view and writing about it, trying to capture what I am seeing in words since I can't through pictures.  I guess I could get out of the train cabin and take pictures, but photos through glass just won't do it justice.  Besides, I can't get any good angles from a train.  When I ride on trains and busses I always wish I could ask the driver to stop so I can get out and snap a few of the countryside.  I couldn't tel l you how many times in southern Spain and northern Italy I desperately wanted to document the scenery I was seeing, and until I can road trip through Europe with my own car, it will continue to happen.

Anyways, like I mentioned before, what's on the other side of the window has been very distracting.  The rolling tree covered hills and the river twisting in and out of them is almost perfect.  Add medieval cathedrals, castles or random residences crowning these hills every so often and you may think you could be on the verge of a fairytale, minus the damsel in distress (or charming prince in tights for you lady readers).  This just gets me more excited for Munich and Neuschwanstein castle in the Bavarian Alps especially.

No comments:

Post a Comment