Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Berlin 1

4:30 I restlessly wake up, nervous that I will miss my flight. I toss and turn for an hour before I really have to wake up.
5:20 I wake up to my pleasant cell phone alarm. I go to the kitchen and grab the strawberries, yogurt and milk... The fixings for a great breakfast. I make sure Hillary is awake and then proceed to devour my perishables before I he ad on m y fifteen day (or so) journey across central Europe.
6:05 I make it to the meeting point ten minutes early. Luckily Hillary is five minutes ahead of schedule. Drowsily we make our way towards the bus stop to catch one headed for the airport.
6:45 we make it to the airport way ahead of schedule and pass through the Santander security without a scratch (except for Hill's lost fork.
8:05 we start to board our plane to Madrid. Here I come family!!
9:30 I see my family through the glass doors waiting on the other side. We hug. We exchange hellos and I missed yous and Meghan quickly brings me to see the spoons. There was an arrangement of spoons with all different faces drawn on them.
11:25 I board the plane to Berlin.
12:30ish We fly over the Alps. I debate with Hill if they are French or Swiss.
2:30 Our plane touches down in Germany.
3:30 We get to our apartment after a few mishaps with directions. The place is NICE. I could get used to this.
4:00 We walk into downtown Berlin. We pass Alexanderplatz, Berliner Dom, Museum Island and arrive at Brandenburg Gate after enjoying some bratwurst on the way.
7:00 I sit down to share my first beer with my parents. Note: I do not mean my first beer ever, but rather the first I shared with my parents.
10:00 Jetlagged my family falls asleep as I write my first post the day of, trying to set a precedent for this trip.

Plans for tomorrow...
Free walking tour of Berlin
Meet the Richards
Eat a currywurst
Drink more German beer

No comments:

Post a Comment