Thursday, November 25, 2010

PreThanksgiving

I just got the turkey. It is about 6.2 kilo, or according to google's converter, 13.67 pounds. Most places say that you need 1.5 pounds per person, which leads me to at best 9 people eating all the turkey they want. We have 11 to 12 coming, and half of them are Spanish, so probably will not stuff their faces like the Americans will, so I think we are alright in that department. Oh, and last night we made pies 3 and 4. We have stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, rolls, green beans and corn on deck so this looks like it should be a successful Thanksgiving ala Spain, as long as the turkey turns out. Fingers crossed, I will update you on the outcome tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Where the hell is the update?

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I read the words "corn on deck" as if it were weird slang for corn on the cob. Then I understood.

    ReplyDelete